Monday, December 12, 2011

Time is Flying By


Time flies when you are having fun….I think that is a very fitting slogan for what we are experiencing having Jade apart of our lives.  Of course there are always those stressful components to life with many ups and downs but each and every one of them is made bearable by our little gal.
This month has just flown by…maybe that had to do with the fact we were pretty darn busy; people to see, places to go and things to do…



Hmmmm, having a hard time thinking back to the beginning of the past month and exactly what happened;   So  much of it had to do with settling into our new place I think but there was lots of running around to do as well.  We had another couple of sessions of Roots of Empathy and yet again Jade wowed the kids with her constant smiles and rolling around.  The kids asked if I could put her in this little chair they have and let her sit by herself.  So there was Jade, sitting in this chair, with only me holding her hand and keeping watch, and had her little arms up on the arm rests, taking in all that was happening around her.  At the last session, Jade was wearing her little dress from Aunty Ashlee and the teacher could not stop taking pictures and had to stop everyone in the middle to bring attention to her outfit.  I had to laugh to myself that I have a daughter who is dressed to the nines and there is me, who is far from fashionable….guess we offset each other perfectly :)


Jade and I got a visit from Carla and thankfully the weather was nice so off we went for a wee wander in the new neighbourhood.  It’s great to be reconnecting with such important people who have been in my life for so long.  We also had the chance to meet up with Manisha which was an unexpected but great visit.

We also made a trip over to the Island to visit Opa and Oma.  Ted put it so perfectly “it just melts your heart seeing Jade in his arms”; referring to Jade in his dad’s arms.  It must be his big, kind heart and warm touch (both literally and figuratively) that cause Jade to just relax and savour every minute with him.  He got her belly laughing more than once which is a task in itself.  We had gone over hoping to watch the Santa Clause parade downtown but unfortunately plans didn’t pan out for that; which may have been a blessing in disguise as it allowed us more time to spend with Opa.  Oma’s cat got a welcoming fur pull from Jade and thankfully she took it well and remained calm; while Jade on the other hand got that big smile and all giggly.  

This past month also included the western finals as well as the Grey Cup.  We tried our best to get Jade on the big screen but we were only able to get in the background of some shots at the Grey Cup.  However, apparently my aunt got on TSN while holding Jade but we never got to see that.  For the Grey Cup, Jade had to have been the best little & future fan of the Lions, dressed in her own personal jersey and cheering along with us.  The atmosphere there was utterly amazing, nothing could beat it, not even the Stanley Cup….tough to say that but it is just so true. I would have to say Ted and I probably held Jade the least at the football games; I think my Aunty Jill kidnapped her for the majority of the games, lol.  




Woooheeee we had a mega code brown last week.  The poor little gal had not gone for over a week and it was like a plug was released and that was the end. First time all over my mom and, I swear, not more than an hour after her bath, she did it on me.  I must say I am still at an utter loss as to how such a small thing can hold that much waste for that long, I cannot imagine what is going on in that stomach of hers.  It would appear that these code browns always occur when or shortly after, Jade is playing in her “circle of neglect”; thus, my mom has now deemed it the pooping machine.  I guess it has to do with the gravity and being able to hang her legs…hmmmmm..YUCK!!!!

This was also the month of our visit to the doctor, we all know how much fun the doctor is.  Okay, well it really is not that bad with Jade as she seems to actually quite enjoy it and laughs through it.  She is now 6.2 kg (13.6 lbs.) and 25.5” (64cm).  The little bugger was grabbing at everything in the doctor’s office, including the sheet that was on the scale for her weighing.  Anywho, Jade is a healthy but small gal who continues to progress along her little growth curve and make all the gains needed.  In addition to the doctor, the poor gal had to get her 6 month shot as well.  I don’t know why I say poor girl because she actually seems to enjoy them…well the best one could.  The nurse poked her, Jade’s face looked shocked then she broke out in a huge smile, started talking away and laughing.  The nurse said they don’t get many babies like that and Jade may just be her favourite….ya, not sure if that is really normal for a baby to laugh at their shots.  It was pretty cute though afterwards when we had to wait the 15min after the shots in the waiting room and a little 4 month who was screaming was there too.  Jade was talking up a storm to her and this little one just stared at her kind of like…what is wrong with you, we just got shots :).  Ya, the whole idea that she may sleep longer after her shots definitely didn’t ring true; rather, it was the complete opposite. I do not think we got more than a few 20min spans of sleep that night. 

The fun began this past month with the introduction to solid food….oh what a messy, messy adventure.  We have just been doing the rice cereal thus far but by the end of each attempt, Jade probably has half of it all over her face, clothes and my clothes and maybe the other half in her belly.  Do not think we will be having much trouble with food and this little gal as she likes to stick her head forward and basically just asking for it to be put in her mouth.  Of course she does like to play with the food as well, but what kind doesn’t? lol.  I have to say though, this thing I am continually told that she will sleep longer once she starts eating does not seem to be ringing true just yet. 


Jade continues to be a little explorer to her best ability.  There is definitely no staying in one place when playing on her carpet or blanket; rather, she maneuvers herself around by rolling and ends up in awkward places like half under the chair or on the hard floor.  She is also loving to grab at anything she can and of course putting what she can into her mouth.  The other day I had out my stethoscope to let my mom listen to my wee murmur whilst she was holding Jade.  Jade kept trying to grab the stethoscope until my mom took it off and put it down at which point Jade just started screaming.  My mom had not realized Jade had been grabbing at it so was curious what happened; it was not until I gave her back the stethoscope that the screaming ceased and laughing began….can we say princess, lol?  She also likes to flail her arms and throw her toys around…of course screams when the toy is no longer in her possession; only stopping when it is returned to her.  Hope this is not a sign of things to come, lol.  She still loves watching Glee and Ellen with my mom and is mesmerized by BabyTV.
Watching Glee

Jade’s awareness to certain people’s voices continues to amaze me and is also quite heartwarming.  She instantly smiles when she hears her daddy’s voice, grandma’s or grandpa’s as well as someone I know out in White Rock.  She gets the BIGGEST smile on her face when she sees her diva buddy Riley.  It was pretty cute the other night when we were over at my parents for dinner and Ted, my mom, Riley and I were all in the back room listening to music on Apple TV.  Jade was really enjoying herself and even got into playing the guitar that Riley and Ted were playing…her daddy is grooming her young.  That continued a couple of weeks later when Ted was playing for Jade and I then took a break.  I put Jade up to the guitar and Ted played some chords while Jade did the strumming…purrrty cute stuff going on.


Of course it is the beginning of December and thus it’s the beginning of the Christmas season.  Growing up, my dad always did an amazing job on hanging the lights at our place and this year was no different.  I mention all this because every year he tries to add something new and this year had to have been one of the most special things.  Being that Jade’s “theme” is giraffe’s, we found a Christmas giraffe at Canadian Tire and when we went over there, low and behold my dad had bought it….all for his little granddaughter.  Ted also had the opportunity to do a little more with the lights this year seeing as we have more than just a railing to hang a few lights on.  He did an awesome job and Jade took quite the little gander around when she and I went out there to check it all out and give our approval J.  One of the first little gifts Jade ever got was from one of my best friends who lives in Indiana, Krissi.  Aunty Krissi bought her a Christmas ornament and so last night Jade attempted to hang it on our fake tree (ugh, I HATE fake trees) but of course it kind of made it to her mouth rather than the tree, lol.  She will have another attempt at hanging an ornament this year as she does have one at my parents as well.  We have yet to see Jade's stocking but I have no doubt it is amazing as I would not trust anyone else to buy one without us but Charlene....thank you :)




Jade’s 7month “birthday” (no we don’t celebrate the monthly milestones) was spent in the evening with her Aunty Rachel and Uncle Tim who she had not seen for a little while.  A very nice evening indeed, for all including the princess.  Of course, Jade was probably enamored the most with the dog….seems to be who she finds she can talk to most, lol.  Jade loves them all though and when they move away, she will no doubt miss them…which means many visits.  Tim just received the official call and will be headed to bootcamp on February 6th.  We are sooooo proud of him!!!!  That was also the night the little princess decided she would have a little 2 hour nap from 11pm-1am then stay up until 4:45am giggling away and wanting to play.  One would think that she would be one very cranky baby considering the little amount of sleep that she gets but that is far from true.  This little monster woos people with her giant smile and continuous giggles at all hours of the day and right into the night.  
3:45am


Well I guess I have written an essay here with not a whole lot to share so I shall bring this blog entry to a close.  I look forward to updating you all in the next one as it will include all the details of Jade’s first Christmas.  This is by far the most special Christmas…even though she will have no real clue as to what is going on, the meaning behind it all will be there and it will be the beginning of a new tradition.  We spent last Christmas on the Island and thus this year we will be at my parents which will be pretty neat for them.  Aunty Ashlee will be home from the 23rd-28th which will be great…she will get plenty of cuddles in with her lil’ nut indeedeeo.  This week also is when I have to go in for surgery and will be forced to spend a night in hospital which means my first night away from Jade.  I know Ted will be awesome with her but it’ll be hard, a change which are always hard.  Anywho, I will bid you all adieu until 2012.  Have a very Merry Christmas!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment