Saturday, May 7, 2011

Stubborn as a Bull...Stubborn Just Like Me :)

Ninja Wiggler at just over 36 weeks


The past week has been a busy one, challenges to be met, new information to be learned & decisions to be made. As a result, yesterday/today's blog is more informational then anything else.  I guess it really started last Friday with yet another ultrasound which my mom was a part of.  Ted and I figured there was no sense in him having to race to get to the ultrasound when we don't want to risk seeing anything & the purpose of this one was to ensure the baby's size was good as well as ninja wiggler receiving enough nutrients.  Thankfully everything turned out a-ok and I think my mom was close to tears when she saw a clear image of the baby, but of course, no secrets were discovered.  We had a good laugh though & Ted loved to know it, this one may be a little on the smaller size but its feet will be nice and big like his...in fact, one foot was measuring 7cm...ahhhhh, lol.


One 7cm Foot

Nose & Lips
Monday started with Ted's appointment for his MRI...woohooo, finally he got one.  Of course the results won't be available for a week but one step closer to figuring out what is going on there.  We had sometime to kill in between so we went to the notorious Tomahawk for breakfast as Ted had never been before and all I was wanting was plain old pancakes.  I think both our palates were more than pleasured there.  After breakfast brought about our meeting with the OB due to my elevated blood pressure and also the discovery that our ninja was breech.  So we walk into the office & I had a good laugh as Ted walked in first (keep in mind the type of office it was) & I was trailing a little behind.  He proceeded to sit down & commented on the chic magazine which drew a giggle from the receptionist; of course he was just joking around.  Anywho, the doc talked to us about a process called inversion where they lube up my tummy and try to externally maneuver the baby to flip out of the breech position.  After some discussion and info gathering we decided we would give the procedure a try.  The risks involved were very minimal and there was a 50/50 chance of having success as the butt hadn't settled too far into my pelvis and one foot was in the pelvis.  Thus, we agreed to meet again the next day after another non-stress test.  Now we knew the baby might be coming sooner than the due date & we needed to get our arses in gear with certain things around the house.  The baby's room is all but ready now as Ted built the crib to end our Monday.  Now all that is left is to put up some decals and I think we are set in there :)

Tuesday rolls around and so began a verrrrry long day.  After the non-stress test we went to attempt this inversion thing but hit a roadblock as the doc wasn't too comfortable with the fluid levels as she could not find any big pockets on the small ultrasound screen so wanted me to go for another ultrasound.  Of course that is not instantaneous so we had to wait 3 hrs but thankfully had my parents place to go relax at while we waited.  We return for the ultrasound & now they have no req for me; have my name but no paperwork, so I took that as a sign...but finally we were called in.  Ultrasound went well, ninja wiggler lived true to its name & moved the entire time.  Next up, back up to try this procedure....well let's just say this is where we discovered just how stubborn the little one is.  The doc tried & tried to get under it's butt & help it to flip but the bugger was having no part in moving an inch.  Every time the doc got in deep, the monkey would give her a nice boot & by the end everyone was laughing.  The doc thought it would be possible initially because the baby was sitting quite high up but that had no impact as our little one was not going to do anything for anyone...hehe.  The other funny part was that on Thursday at the other doctors, the wiggler booted the doppler off my tummy when the doc applied it to listen to the heartbeat.  After the attempt of inversion, I had to stay for a bit to be monitored to make sure there were no contractions or bleeding or anything.  Yep, I continue to be oblivious to anything I am supposed to be aware of as apparently the machines showed I had a few little blips but one bigger contraction that caused some concern; one which i never felt...doh.  There was a little scare that I would be delivering that night but thankfully the nurse decided I could go on the condition we were going straight home, I was going to drink lots of fluid and no matter what was happening in the Canucks game, Ted agreed he would bring me right back if anything were to happen.  It was hard for Ted to agree, but he relented and said he would :)

Thursday was physio for Ted then back to the regular doctor where everything stayed status quo.  My blood pressure was high again yet on Tuesday during my test it was fine so who knows what this bp of mine is doing.  Thankfully it also brought about yet another win by the Canucks.....woooohoooo to that as well.

bedrest thing.  Ted has given me very strict orders but for those of you who know me well, know not doing anything when there is so much I can do is flippin hard.  If you don't see me on the computer on Sunday night or Monday, then you will know I have failed miserably & Ted has strapped me to the couch with no use of my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment