Monday, April 11, 2011

CODE YELLOW!!!!

Whooooaaaa!!!!  Can't believe it but as of Sunday we have reached the 34 week mark and apparently the ninja wiggler is weighing about the same as a canteloupe.  I will admit that I always thought people exaggerated the need to pee more often (I know they did but it was to what extent) but my golly, I take back that thought.  I have never had to pee this much in my life, I swear I go to the bathroom more in one day right now then I normally would in like 5 days combined....ahhhhh. Far too many code yellows occurring.

Ninja wigglers movements aren't so much of the kicking type but more of the wavey motion type in which you can see my stomach move.  Can't say we can see clearly defined body parts like some people have but it is still pretty neat.  I would have to say one of the neatest moments that has happened in the past little while was when Ted placed his hand on my stomach then I placed mine beside his and it was when we touched that ninja wiggler began to move.

As the time passes, more and more discomfort begins to settle in.  I have the usual pelvic pain, some hip pain and now it's hard to get comfortable when lying down.  I used to like lying on my side but I swear that when I lie on my side ninja wiggler follows my lead and completely stretches out...hmmm...maybe I am squashing the little space there is.  Also starting to find I am not able to eat some of my favourite foods again...like grapes.  I wasn't desiring ice-cream for a little bit there but that has returned....mmmmmm.  Maybe it was because after an incident at work, a coworker brought dilly-bars in and it seemed to have the perfectly calming effect I sought.  I will say though that spaghetti with meatballs is still probably my favourite meal right now and I think I could eat pasta most nights of the week; unfortunately though that is not really fair to Ted.

Not a whole lot to report in our lives over the last couple of weeks, well at least not that this absent mind of mine can remember.  Hmmmm...oh we did our hospital visit last week and that made things even more realistic.  All I can say is that I am very thankful I am delivering at Lions Gate and very close to my parents so I know if we need anything at all, they are right there.  Not to mention, as soon as anything happens, we have somewhere to go that is very close to the hospital and close to family.  Of course the way my mind works though, doing the visit has created a whirlwind of everything that needs to be done before the labour begins as well as the whole process and remembering it all.  Overall though, very good experience.  Oh, we also took a trip over to the Island to visit my inlaws for a night. Was able to have some authentic home-made Indonesian cooking and catch up on some court t.v. with Mr d :)

I don't know exactly what it was but I got this overwhelming feeling of reality and pure excitement today when we met a good friend and her daughter for coffee.  To be completely honest, I think it might have been how relaxing it was and I don't know what other word I could use to describe it...natural?  None of the negatives or the perfections or the, well this is what happens and this is what you do....it was all, just me, felt like the way I would want to do things and let things happen naturally.  Yes, that was a terrible description but that is me and how I write sometimes.

For all you that have watched Jersey Shore, I need some help in preparing an outfit so please send me some ideas or if you have anything I can wear, let me know.  We are going to celebrate a friend's birthday on Saturday night and I figure I will be the pregnant grenade but many of you know my dress selection so can probably understand my need for assistance.

Anywho I should wrap this debacle of a blog up and will do so with a couple pictures taken April 5th (33 weeks) in my other Canucks maternity shirt.  The Canucks definitely won't be winning the Stanley Cup on the delivery date but no doubt they will be well on their way to doing so :)


No comments:

Post a Comment