Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Third Trimester Here We Come....Are You Ready for Us?

Can't believe how fast time is flying by nor how much movement something so small can do.  We are 26.5 weeks along which I guess puts us pretty much in the third trimester...CRAZY!!!!!  Not a whole lot new to report though so don't be expecting anything overly amusing in this post.  We went to our monthly check up last week and all went a-ok, with again, the now normal comment, "you have one happy little baby in there, he/she seems to be moving around a lot".  Guess being at the point we are at, it is time for the glucose testing to be done so that is on the agenda to do over the next few days.  My blood pressure has been stable but for some reason the doc thinks it is going to shoot up near the end which was not really what we wanted to hear but will go with it and not worry until it does as it may never.

We went to my parents for dinner the other night and something happened that was kind of cool.  We were all sitting on the couch, watching t.v. and my mom had her hand on my tummy in hopes of feeling ninja wiggler do it's thang.  She would get the odd quiver here and there but it was not until we started talking about names that the movement really started, okay, so movement to one name in particular.  Every time my mom said this one name, her hand would get a boot...does that mean it's a liked name or a hated name???  No idea, you tell us.  Interestingly enough, I used that name another time when a friend at work wanted to feel things and same reaction, weird, weird, weird.

I have to say feeling this much movement now is pretty surreal and indescribable.  I often get asked if I mind people touching my tummy and the response I would give is, not at all, I want to share this experience with those around me.  I love seeing people's reactions when they feel ninja wiggler give their hand a little knock....friends at work (you know who you are), Ali, Meg....the excitement in their reactions always brings a smile to my face when I think about it. 

It's pretty neat when Ted will have his hand on my tummy as we watch a show and get to feel everything I do, only from the outside.  Just know that we created this thing together and will be raising it together forever is unbelievable.  For me, truly unbelievable as I never knew if I would ever be able to have kids after what my body went through with my illness.  May 17th is my 29th birthday, May 19th marks 11 years free of treatment and May 22nd is when our little one is due....May is going to be one amazing month!

To stand on stage the other night at the Looking Glass Gala and say where I am at in life and the people that have seen me through it all, especially my family, Ted and friends was a nerve racking but proud time.  Saying that I survived and am bringing another life into this world was a huge thing....unfortunately I didn't have the nerve to stand up there and rub my belly as my darling husband so desired. :)

On a non-baby note, Ted got hired for security by the Canucks so things are moving forward and it really can't hurt to be paid to be in the building where the Canucks are playing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment